Search This Blog

Monday, November 25, 2019

Gift giving jewelry pouch

Happy Monday! Have you started your Christmas shopping or are you all done ? I'm  not quite done yet and still need to do some gift wrapping, I think that is the most fun part for me. I feel that gift wrapping a gift is a gift in itself, does that make sense. For me when I see a gift that's beautifully wrapped, it makes me feel special, it doesn't matter what is inside. Now, beautiful does not mean all glitters,expensive wrappers, big bows and all that jazz. It could be as simple as wrapped in a recycled craft paper. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". I try to make my gifts festive and colorful. This year since I had opened an Online Store, I have bracelets and bangles, that I thought would be nice gift wrapped in a cute gift pouches, look up some online but could not find anything that I like so I decided  to knit one instead, since I have so much left over yarn from different projects. So I just started knitting, tried several times, below is what I came up with.Simple but looks pretty enough to put some jewelry and any goodies in it, the pouch can be used for something else by the recipient. I have included the pattern, so you can also make one or two.Also some gift giving ideas from my Online Store, I would greatly appreciate it if you visit and check it out.





 GIFT GIVING POUCH
Yarn: I used Caron Simply Soft (White and Red)
Needle Size: US 4 Circular





Pattern:
Cast on 48 sts
Knit in the round, careful not to twist.
R1,3 and 5 : *k1,p1* repeat till the end
R2,4 and 6:  *p1,k1*repeat till end
R7: Knit around
Repeat Round 7 (30X) or  until your desired length, I knitted mine 5 inches.
Carefully turn work inside out.
Close the bottom of the pouch using the 3 needle bind off.
Weave in ends.
Thread a ribbon or an I- cord (12" can be longer if you have bigger pouch) through the yarn over holes for drawstring.
Now you can put your goodies inside the Pouch. Enjoy:)


GIFT IDEAS FROM MY STORE: Rogelia's Korner Boutique

Carved Lavender Jade Bangle

Amethyst and Garnet Elastic Bracelet

Sodalite Elastic Bracelet

Champagne Cat's Eye Elastic Bracelet

Black Agate Bangle

Natural Jade Bangle

                                                 
Thank you for reading. Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment