Search This Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Love Thy Hands!!!!

If you're like me, once I get into a project. I will knit, knit and knit until my hands and fingers gets really tired. One morning I woke up and felt like my fingers were frozen especially my little pinky, I could hardly move them, I realized I have been knitting the previous night, almost non stop. I just get so into knitting, I forget to stop and take a break. I learned to discipline myself as I don't really want to have wrist injury or pain that will prevent me from knitting.
I have this Chinese Balls that was gifted to me and I find it very helpful to take a break and use them to exercise and relax my hands and fingers. I also walk around and do stretches for my neck and back as well.There are many sources available on the Internet to get information on hand exercises for knitters.  Now if you are already experiencing pain in  your arm, hand, neck or back , you may want to see a doctor. Take care of yourself . Happy Knitting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment